Sunday, April 13, 2014

BBaP (Berlin Bits and Pieces)

These are just a couple of pictures of details or pretty things that I took around Berlin. Without further ado here are a couple of images that I had no separate category for.


The picture above shows the Berlin victory column a monument in the middle of one of the main roundabouts. Curiously enough the bronze (yeah, apparently it is bronze, not gold - fools!) angel statue was added later to commemorate further victories of the prussian empire which raises the question of who put the guy in charge that thought a plain grey column would be a good thing to stand by itself in the middle of a roundabout).


The horses on top of the Brandenburger Tor, who has not seen these? (On a side note, the horses are also bronze like the angel in the one before, so if you ask me it is pretty clear what statues get the special treatment in this city…)


Those are some helmets decorating the facade of a building which I particularly enjoyed.


Just like these horses (/frogs/sarah jessica parker mermaids?) that are holding the triton on the railing of a bridge. They are so cute though!


So majestic! This kind of style clearly clashes with this very typical German one:


I found the clock very funny, it reminded me of a swimming pool clock for some reason… Very eighties/nineties (because I was so aware of what was going on then, let me tell you).
Very interesting city, so these won't be the last Berliner bits you'll see from me.

1 comment:

  1. "Let's commemorate our victory with a plain huge grey column" esque un aleman tenia que ser :P mit "you see which statues are guetting cared of xD und sarah jessica parker mermaids xD cannot unsee. Berlin ist eine wunderbare Stadt

    ReplyDelete