Monday, August 5, 2013

Back in the jungle

Although England is a pretty green country, after coming from Singapore this looked like a desert to me (when I went to Madrid the last time I really could not believe how dry it was and it never caught my attention!). There is one little spot where I can get my old Singapore back though. Welcome to the Conservatoire of the Botanical Gardens!


One of the coolest plants there is this one:


It is actually incredibly thick! I was very tempted to try whether it could hold me or not, but there was a second half of a concert that I had to attend so I rather wanted to stay dry...


This was a very climber-friendly tree. I wonder what it has up there that it wants to protect so badly. Pots of gold?


This is basically what my way to work looked like back on the Island, lah! The most disappointing part of going to the lab now is not the lack of plants, though, but clearly the lack of monkeys!

1 comment:

  1. wow! Auf eine dieser Wasserpflanzen wollte ich auch schon immmer sitzen! Aber ich hab irgendwo gelesen, dass du nur 40 kg tragen :( voll der disappointment, asique ya las estas manipulando geneticamente rrrruapi

    ReplyDelete