Tuesday, May 13, 2014

What to find under a bridge

I have a weakness for second hand book stores and it is bad because I always end up buying way to many of them (books this is, not book stores - that will be a later stage of my addiction). Back in the day when I had more than 30 seconds a day of spare time I would actually go through them all quite quickly, but now that I am busy with the Master 24/7 AND I don't need to take public transport to get to work (believe it or not I have read more books during the 20 mins underground ride than anywhere else) I can't keep up. If you share my symptoms there is one place you should definitely not go:


Welcome to the Southbank Centre Book Market. 
This market is so nice! It consists of a couple of tables with people that sell books (bet you did not see that coming), but the charming thing is that it is located under a bridge (my impression is that they probably held it ON the bridge the first time and it took 10 minutes for the whole place to flood in the rain and for the people to move everything under the bridge). This has the benefit that they can have this market every day, regardless of the weather (it actually IS a daily market).


The location is not too bad either. A bit further down the river you can see St Paul's Cathedral (and other very important buildings which I am sure I don't need to mention to you, because EVERYONE of course knows them).


To the other side of the river you also have some buildings but none of them are particularly famous as far as I know...


All I can say is thank god this place is reasonably far away from my flat, because otherwise I would have to rent a second apartment for my books only.

1 comment:

  1. haha ich liebe es wie du schreibst, alles an dem Post ist einfach awesome :)

    ReplyDelete