Monday, April 15, 2013

First College: Clare

I am amazed by how incredible each and every college is. They all have huge and beautiful buildings with gardens and bridges and the most unbeliveable thing is the fact, that there are OVER 30 colleges!!! What. The. Hell. How can there be so many magnificent (ouh, so british!) buildings in one city?! My challenge is to make it into all colleges and post about them in the next weeks. Let's see if I make it before I have to leave! 


The first college I'll talk about must, of course, be Clare since it is "my" college. At this university every student is part of a college, so since I am not a student I have no college (bet you didn't see that statement coming!). Be as it may, the clare college was so friendly to offer me a room in one of their houses ouside of the college with other Clare graduate students, so if I belong to any college, then I guess it is Clare.


As you can see the entrance is pretty impressive already. There are many lawns at the colleges but unfortunately you are not allowed to step on them (I always feel like running all over them (freedom, yeah!)).


These pictures are only from the main building. Behind this there are some gardens and then there is another bigger buiding across the river that has a library in it. Since this is my ("") college I will probably post some more pics in the future, so you will see. 


You'll have to agree with me that it is incredible how big these things are if you think about the fact that there are over 30 more of them in this tiny town. And they are colleges, not university buildings or anything. It is really outstanding!

1 comment:

  1. hihi es ist cool den Post jetzt wieder zu lesen nachdem ich das college gesehen habe :D und vor allem nachdem ich auch das Bedürfniss gehabt habe die croqueta über ihre Rasen zu machen. doofe colleges und ihre Regeln...

    ReplyDelete