Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Discovering our Blueprint

Today I attended a talk by a man that is probably the equivalent of Justin Bieber to all the 15-year-old girls in science! I would make you guess but scientists tend not to be too famous so I'll tell you straight away: James Watson! Watson as in Watson and Crick! (This might ring some bells...)


Watson discovered the structure of DNA together with his college Francis Crick in 1953 and obtained the Nobel Prize in Physiology and Medicine nine years later for it! (For more info, as usual: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Watson)



He is a legend in modern research and it's incredible that I had the opportunity to meet him! He might not be the youngest anymore but he is incredibly fit and still in science! I hope I have just as much passion for research for the rest of my life!! 


Great talk, great man!

1 comment:

  1. Algun dia vas a tener que pagar a wikipedia por exploytacion como fuente de informacion xD (irenoh war an der DNA-tableeee wiii)

    ReplyDelete