Saturday, May 25, 2013

Cambridge Wiesn

This week Cambridge hosted the 40th annual beer festival. Having lived in the city of the Oktoberfest my stakes are pretty high but I have to admit that we had a great time!


As you can see the tents are not as elaborated as the German equivalent (as an example: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/99/Oktoberfest_bierzelt.JPG). But I have to say I am pretty glad already that there was some kind of shelter, because from what I have experienced so far they like to pretend it never rains in this country (parties outside, open-air theatres...).


There was still an outside area though:


(I have to draw your attention to the pose of the guy in the middle, who by the way is probably not doing it voluntarily but sinking in this:)


Due to some scarce rainfalls here the ground was slightly muddy (you can appreciate that a little bit in the upper corner of the picture). But that is what those festivals are about! Mud and happiness. If I wanted my shoes to stay clean I'd go to a wine tasting (which we did the next day, but that is another story and I have the feeling I am starting to make us sound like alcoholics...). They had amazing food as well and the atmosphere was really nice! Cheers!


1 comment:

  1. jaja wieso sollten sie überdeckte Sachen machen?? in england regnet es doch nicht! und wenn es regnet pues mejor que asi te refrescas del calor sofocante. jaja marta como siempre tirando de wikipedia como best source :P die Lehrer aus der Schule wären stolz. matoh der kleine Alkoholiker. fehlt nur noch tequilaparty

    ReplyDelete