Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Congratulations!

Today I will talk about one of the biggest addictions of British people. It's not tea, it's not wearing crop-tops at -100ºC (that's their second biggest), it's way more exotic. And colorful (at least than most crop-tops):
Greeting cards.


I am not kidding you, it is a serious issue. They have them everywhere!! EVERY supermarket has shelves with greeting cards. ShelvES. The picture above was taken at a regular local supermarket (no specialization in gifts or anything) and as you can see the hallway for the greeting cards takes almost as much as the one for fruits and vegetables. And it's is like this everywhere. A small mart close by my place has about 8 shelves and more or less 0.75 of them are greeting cards. That does not sound like much, but it's twice as much as they have for cereals or fruit. 


With this dedication they produced an endless variety of cards. There is ANYTHING you could possibly want to wish to anybody in the world neatly organized by categories. Look up "Father" and you'll find hundreds (not exaggerating) of cards from "I love you, daddy" to "Congratulations on your job anniversary" or "I need money, please". 


With this market it is only natural that there are even whole stores only dedicated to cards. I spent ages looking for a card for my sister in this shop because I could not decide between a card with One Direction singing "Happy Birthday" (also available with Hannah Montana and all the other Disney kids) and one with the endearing message "In dog years you would be dead". 
You have to spend your money on something, I guess...



1 comment:

  1. hallo locooos. Die sind ja wie mama, aber mit karten statt leggings. jajaj die bday-karte war echt das beste und die anderen beiden Optionen auch, pero si me hubieses mandado la de one direction: puzzle de twilight que te habria caido xD

    ReplyDelete