Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Walking on thin ice

Today I finally went to the ice-rink that is in the midlle of the J-Cube Mall (I talked about it in one of my first posts). 


Uhhh those cheap plastic skates an only look fabulous on anyone!!! It was actually weird to skate with plastic boots, but unfortunately my skates are in Germany so I had to rent them. As you can see It was not really cold in the rink and people were even skating wearing nothing but a t-shirt. 


Ok, I know I look irresistible on this picture, but as little as I like it, it gives a good impression of how the rink is directly connected to the mall. The wall only goes halfway to the ceiling and is rather a protection for the hockey games than an isolation wall. So basically the rink is a the same temperature then the rest of the mall. What does that tell us about the air-conditioning in Singapore? Exactly. (I thought maybe it was not ice, but it felt and looked like real ice, so I am not sure how they managed to overcome the laws of physics here...). Good night!

1 comment:

  1. das wasser in singapur hat halt kälte noch nie erlebt, und weiss deswegen nicht wann es gefrieren soll, asique si el tio de la pista le dice: gefriere! el wasser esta como: "uh wie peinlich ich gefriere schnell bevor er merkt, das ich meine Grefriertemperatur nichtt kenne!

    ReplyDelete