Monday, February 11, 2013

Lighting up the sky

I have been to Chinatown a couple of times these last days and I must say I am amazed every time I see all the lights! This is what the streets look like right now:


The light of the lanterns is really nice and if you look close...


...they are boxes with the different horoscope signs on them. And they are really cute, too! If you take on step back on the other hand...


...these lanterns form a snake as well! :) 
This one is pretty huge and goes all along the main street in Chinatown. There is no doubt of this years' animal, that is for sure (I wonder what they do for horse or rabbit though...)

Oh, by the way, the snake I showed you in the last post was made out of lanterns as well:


This is all so huge and amazing! They really know how to celebrate their holidays (I wonder what this looks like in China itself!)



It's incredible to just walk along the streets in the center of Singapore these days so there is not one day I don't take my camera with me now!

1 comment:

  1. wie kann das nicht alles wegbrennen? no, en serio, junta 1 tonne papier, 4 mio lichter oder kerzen o lo que sea con lo que hacen beleuchten und 1000 voll emozionierte menschen, osea eso no acaba bien...

    ReplyDelete