Thursday, December 27, 2012

Leaf it to the Singaporean flora

People must think I am stupid for staring at the local plants, but they are definitely different from what we are used to in Europe! Here is an example:  we don't have autumn here, but some of the trees still lose leaves over the year. While in Europe you can kick a bunch of them easily here chances are high you will get eaten by just one of them:


I know all you have eyes for right now is the incredibly photogenic woman on the picture with the gorgeous and very suited facial expression, but I would like to draw your attention to the leaf next to her. Yes. ONE leaf. (Btw. I earned quite some "suspicious-looking-person"-points for taking pictures of myself with a LEAF in the middle of the street at night, i should reach the top-ten soon).


So as you walk, this is what you step on. If I ever have to build a hut in the forest in Singapore it will take me about 3 leaves...


1 comment:

  1. uhhh matoh kann es als fliegenden Teppich benutzen, Blätter planeieren ja so wenn es wind gibt. matoh sollte eins nehmen und von seiner Terasse aus springen :P

    ReplyDelete