Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Ducking awesome food!

And from Thai food we go to Singaporean delights. Today I went to have lunch with my friends from work and we decided to try a place nearby that is famous for its duck chicken. This is what it looked like:


As my friends well observed I was the only Ang Mo there (a term they use for caucassians over here which literally means "red-haired"), so again I blended in perfectly, even better when I started taking pictures of every square cm there.


Ok the quality of this one is very crappy but I did not want to stay 10 minutes taking pictures of their dishes. This is actually in the same room then the tables and it's a very common way to wash the dishes and the chopsticks found in all the hawker centers here. They basically put it in a huge bowl with water and wash it there. The fact that plates and cuttlery are usually made out of plastic makes it much easier to handle and clean. 


This is the actual duck and it was REALLY good! (Speaking of REALLY god, how about the picture quality of my friend's phone camera (At this point I would like to thank Karen for lending me her phone so I could take pictures of everything!)). Anyways, this is what we had:


I am not sure what the vegetables were, but the thing on the left is tofu which was also amazing and of course we had rice as a side dish.


This is what it looks like from the outside. You can see how this guy cuts up the duck with a knive and a velocity that you have to wonder how frequently they have to exchange the man...

Good night!

1 comment:

  1. jaja, van a dos cocineros por dia :P ich mag die pollos die so rumhängen, en plan : si, komm rein, esto no parece un Mörderhaus... :P lo de los platikteller ein bisschen cutre, pero me planteo hacerlo yo tambien :P aber die Ente sieht voll gut aus *¬*

    ReplyDelete