Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The Beach from The Beach

Even though all of the islands we visited on our boat journey through Ko Phi Phi were stunning there is one that is the equivalent to an island supermodel: Phi Phi Leh. It became famous in 2000 when my future husband, Mr DiCaprio, and his actor friends jumped around this beach and rediscovered life and all those important things, inspired by the beauty of the beach. Well, thanks to this movie the beach is the main tourist attraction of these Islands. Here you have the movie poster btw:


For more information on this movie you can look here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beach_(film). It has been a while since I have quoted Wikipedia.


Anyways, the beach is, of course, breathtaking but maybe A BIT overcrowded:


Ok, let me show you a close-up:


Yeah, it looks like a public pool in summer... It was really, really beautiful, the only problem is everyone else seems to think the same. It's definitely a bit fuller than in the Movie where my man was running around basically alone. Be as it may, I enjoyed the beach, because I could bargain some cheaper ice-cream so yay! (yes, there is a hidden hut behind the trees that sells ice-cream). 

By the way, the count-down is on! I am leaving in 4 days. 4 days, people, 4 DAYS!!!! I don't believe it either...

1 comment:

  1. sin palabras... das ist einfach wunderschön!! Bueno, wenn wir reich sind kaufen wir einfach den Strand (more importantly: den Eisstand!) irenoh kann auch nicht glauben das matoh bald hier ist :D
    P.S.: es liegt immer noch Schnee :P

    ReplyDelete