Saturday, March 16, 2013

The Jungle Blog

Today I went to the reserve around the McRichie reservoir with two of my friends. Although Singapore is not exactly famous for being a large country and one would think that even the last square cm has been taken over by buildings, this is not the case. There are numerous reserves in Singapore, many more than I would have thought and the funny thing about them is the fact that it only takes five minutes from being on a regular civilized street to find yourself here:

As usual the flora is stunning!:


And if you look closely there are a lot of animals, too:


We actually saw a huge lizzard and some squirrel as well and apparently in other areas of this reserve you can see monkeys! (Btw. for those reading, I need to settle this now. Who do you think would win in a fight: a   monkey (regular sized, like the ones from monkey island) or a dog (of the size of a golden retriever (not necessarily this species, but I am bad with dog names...)? Please leave your answer in the comments, so we can settle the discussion we had during the trip (and I am not going to influence you by reminding you of the sharp monkey teeth and its ability to be everywhere in a few miliseconds because I want to keep this fair and I am sure you already thought of those irefutable facts!)


This park also has a huge hanging bridge that lets you walk directly above the incredible jungle.
Some trees are so weird there is no way of telling which way is up!:



Also, I never stop being amazed by the size of the leaves in this country. They can be enormous, I am not kidding you!


It just takes like 3 of these leaves to build a hut, door included...


It was a really nice trip, but it was also incredibly hot! There is a reason my friends insisted on meeting at 7:30 the latest. I was soaked by the time I got to the mrt, so everyone in the vagon loved me ♥.

1 comment:

  1. jajaja, in den Fotos sieht das aus wie der jardin in Ares xD. Ich glaub auch das der Affe gewinnen würde. die sind doch voll agressiv, oder? und mit auch meine ich nicht das ich in irgendeiner Art denke, dass du denkst der Affe würde gewinnen, das kann man bei deiner neutralen Schreibweise nicht rauslesen! jaja ich mag den verwirrten Baum: ah mira tengo que crecer pa aqui, ah,no, no, que es paya, a no espera que tengo que tirar en esa direccion :P

    ReplyDelete