Monday, March 11, 2013

So they DO exist...

I have introduced you to the first two islands we visited during our tour around the Phi Phi islands in my last two posts, so I guess it's obvious what has to come next... exactly: 

Japanese toilets.

I have always heard those stories about how weird they are supposed to be and how the have more functions than all apple gadges combined (notice the lower case "apple" as I am, of course, referring to the fruit and can therefore not be sued in any way). Be as it may I always though those were the toilets they might present in Japan at some fair but not actually use. Well, live to learn, this is what I walk into as I go to the toilet in Narita:


So far, it does not seem TOO strange, untill we take a closer look:


I don't know which of the buttons is more confidence-inspiring: The mysterious blue sign, that is disturbing no matter how you interprete it, the pink one, that makes you wonder what the hell the previously mentioned blue button is for, the flushing sound button which, not being random enough on it's own, has some volume regulating buttons or the water pressure buttons that might influence all or none of the previous functions. In case some of you still have any doubts everything is perfectly well explained in Japanese, Chinese and English (thank god for this last one).


Of course I was ultra curious, but I only dared to press the sound button since I was too afraid to get showered by the other two. After giving it some thought though, I have come to notice that there is no regulation for the temperature of the water. What barbarian circumstances are these!?

1 comment:

  1. oh mein gott, und mann kann auch nicht die farbe von der Toilette einstellen, pff, voll veraltet xD diooos ich finde diese Toiletten voll schrecklich und die simbolitos machen es echt nicht besser o.O
    pero lo mas ridiculo es lo del volume del sonido de la cadena WTF??? was haben diese Leute für Probleme? empeñandose en añadir funciones raras, genauso wie apple und natürlich meine auch ich das Obst (no copyright-infrigdement (o como se escriba))

    ReplyDelete