Monday, November 26, 2012

Christmas is all around me ♫

With only 15% of the population being christian in Singapore one would not expect much fuss about Christmas around here. WRONG. I have not seen as many lights and Christmas decorations as can be found in Orchard Road right now in all the cities I have been to combined. Although the celebration might not be as "romantic" as in Germany or as devoted as in any predominantely christian country they sure make an effort to acknowledge this festivity. Many argue that it is mostly a commercial celebration, but looking at the great lights I can only think "Who cares?" and be glad they decided to celebrate Christmas, even if it is their own way. 

I have not been there to take pictures yet (I was only shortly and took a picture with my cellphone), but I will definitely go one of these days (there is still some time left, it is not even December!). Here is a short impression of what you can expect:


Some of the figures are so funny! But I don't want to spoil anything.
Oh and look at the Chistmas decoration at the airport:


I would have never thought I would see (such a huge) ANGRY BIRD Christmas decoration, but apparently it is the new thing. Come on and let it snow!

2 comments:

  1. omg, das sieht aus als hätte ein rosanes einhorn von der Prinzessin aus Wunderland ein "regalito" auf der strasse gelassen (also der baum :P)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are the airplanes also decorated? hahaha love it, its like being in a Christmas film

    ReplyDelete