Thursday, November 1, 2012

Did som' dim sum

Today I had dinner with my friend and we decided to get dim sum. This is a tipical chinese meal where you order many small portions of food (usually fried) and enjoy them. It was pretty cool (for me, at least. I did not spend the evening with a girl pointing at everything and asking what it was and how you ate it, like a five-year old). Of course my recently developped hipster-personality was on fire with all the new food, and it's thank to this, that you can visually enjoy the reason for my actual pregant-woman belly.


The thing in the lower left corner? Glad you asked! Let me zoom in, maybe you'll recognize it:


No? Well how about this:


Yes, it is a chicken foot. Yes, FOOT. And I ate it. Surprisingly it was really good! You have to spit out the bones (there are many of them) and it contains a lot of cartilage, but it is very well cooked so it tastes really good. It is only a bit awkward to eat (even more than it looks in the picture) because it looks like a small hand... I guess you have to get used to it...



This was so good, too! It's fried eggplant with prok floss (that is the fluffy thing on top). I had never seen this before, but they use it a lot here. It is meat (yes, real meat) that has been dried and whose separate muscle fibres have been teased apart. They also put it on breads in the bakeries or on tofu, for example. 


The things in the back are tofu with the mentioned pork floss and in the front we have some dumplings with  prawn (there is like a whole prawn in each).


And of course the very typical dumplings. It was so good, but also so much!! ... mhh I'm getting hungry again just from looking at those dumplings... I'm off to bed before I go back to the restaurant! Good nigh.

3 comments:

  1. das Fleisch da sieht wie alles aus ausser Fleisch. Aber warum tun sie das auf tofu? dann können die vegetarier es nicht mehr essen... es sieht aber alles sehr lecker aus (ausser die patas de pollo)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bueno, bueno, bueno... Si has sido capaz de comerte esa garra amenazante, puedes pasar tranquilamente a comerte la cabeza de pescado, mientras sus ojos te observan inquisitivos...El resto de platillos tienen una pinta muy apetitosa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I couldnt eat the chicken foot because of the little bones, but the rest YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete