Monday, November 12, 2012

They say the sky is the limit...

I finally went climbing yesterday! I had already gone once to Climb Asia, but I did not stay long because of my duties as a crazy person that has to do all kinds of things all at once. Yesterday I went with some friends to "Onsight". The gym is really cool, it has a really big climbing area, a boulder area and of course indispensable accessories such as slacklines and snacks. 


Don't get fooled by the fan in the front. They only help when you put your face directly into them after you reached the floor again. The good thing about climbing at 30º C though, is the fact that you lose so much weight through sweating to death that you can almost fell how it gets easier to get up. 


The routes are really nice, although my climbing partner "forces" me to do the difficult ones, so it's not unusual to see me swinging around at 10m above the floor in the harness crying "Stephane, this is impossible for people that don't have the ability to teleportate!" (not that he would let me down then, if I ever become a good climber it will be thanks to his stubbornness). Apart from wanting to kill them as I hang in the air without being able to go up or down, I really like the climbing guys! This is not unusual, climbers tend to be a nice folk... :D 

I am looking forward to many climbing sessions with these people!

2 comments:

  1. You are spending all your free time in this place, Im sure

    ReplyDelete
  2. du errinerst mich da an mich wenn du mir routen vorschlägst: "den roten" "ah, das ist gar nicht sooo schwer" "nein, irene, nicht den den du schon grad hälst" xDDD ok es ist nicht wirklich ein guter vergleich...

    ReplyDelete