Monday, July 1, 2013

British Signs at their Best I

After leaving behind the city with the greatest informative signs on earth I thought I could never do my favorite (and only) section again. But I was wrong. It doesn't matter where you are on this planet, there are always people that put up really weird signs which may or may not make a lot of sense to the rest of the human population. Ladies and Gentleman, here is what the UK has to offer:


This sign was put up in the King's Cross (or Kigs X as they write it here) Station in London. Maybe I should have included the escalators in the picture that were RIGHT NEXT to the sign. Righ. Next. To. IT. And there was literally nowhere else to go. You had the barriers at your back. The escalators going down (I forgot to mention this, you guys must have been super intrigued about their direction) in front of you. That's it. Never forget, that Service Information is always there to guide you.


This was a sticker on one of the self check-out machines at a store. I am sure that it is completely accurate but the fact that they mention the Euros kind of confuses me. Do they accept Moroccan Dirhams then? Someone must have been really trying to stuff his Euros into that machine for them to explicitly mention that the machine does not accept foreign currencies... (well, at least Euros for all we know...). Also it never caught my attention that the 50 pound bill is the highest. I thing that is a pretty small amount of money for the biggest bill (just consider, in Singapore the highest bill was 10,000 S$!!)


I especially appreciate this one. At first you just think "Oh, ok. I have to be careful not to slip." But if you look closer (why would you NOT stare at the wet-floor sign like a creep?) you might notice this: 


W-H-A-T? Seriously, WHAT?! I mean, I am sure there is a story behind this, but if there is a combination of words that I never thought I'd read (especially not professionally printed) it is Salmon Hygiene Technology and even LESS in that context. WHAT?



Last but not least, here is the most convincing argument the underground gives you to stop you from running into the closing doors kamikaze-style, like we all do: you may cause delays. Who cares about your belongings that can be spread all over the station possibly in combination with your bones not to mention the trauma you are causing to everyone! God forbid people arrive 20 seconds later to the next station because the doors hat do reopen and close again! How dare you! HOW DARE YOU!

Let's hope the Brits do their job just as well as the Singaporeans and provide me with many more signs to comment on. Good Night!

2 comments:

  1. yaaaaaaay :D ich dachte auch das es die seccion nicht mehr geben würde, aber Irenoh ist nicht disappointed von den Engländern, aunque aun les queda para llegar a los comics de Singapur :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. You NEVER fail to deliver odd stuff from all around the globe. I thought SG signs were weird, but Salmon Hygiene Technology beats it all with ease.

    ReplyDelete