Thursday, July 11, 2013

Gallery of the streets

One thing I really love is street art. For some reason I did not expect the cute city of Dublin to be big in that field, but I was wrong! This place is full of it and not only were the paintings very beautiful but also very creative. Without further ado and long comments, I give you my favorites:



Even the "No parking"-sign is artistic!:


My friend had to point this one out to me, because I did not see the face in the beginning. Btw: it was a fruit and vegetables store:


There are so many details!


Just look at the pink clouds that come off the wolf and the texture of his blue skin! It's really stunning!

Another thing they had all over town were those decorated electricity boxes (I might or might not have made this word up...) which is another great way to make the landscape more entertaining:


And my favorite of those: 


They even advertised books on these things:


:)


Last but not least a picture of colored bricks to prove how deep and philosophical I am:


Oh, so meaningful!


2 comments:

  1. Si son creativos! Nada que ver con los graffiteros que se dedican a dejar su firma con letras lo mas horteras posibles en toda la ciudad para marcar territorio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omh, soooo phylisofical, but there are some filters missing, and a stupid sentence like "IF YOU DROP A POTATO ... IT WILL FALL" (soooo deep) Aber es ist echt unglaublich was die alles an street-art haben! ich mag das eine mit der rot/orangefarbenen Haaren voll wegen den Farben, aber einige haben sooo coole texturtes, wie die rosen und das Fell un so, und eigentlich alle, ahhh, irenoh kann nicht entscheiden. Der kleine Wolf findet sich aber in dem mit dem Wolf sehr portraited (I also may or may have not invented that word (; )

    ReplyDelete