Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Biopolis

Today I'll show you my workplace. Believe it or not, the group of enormous buildings inclosing numerous research facilities is called 'Biopolis' (my mother thought I was kidding her when she asked for my work adress the first time. The fact that the building where I am doing my internship (on Immunity) was called 'Immunos' did not help to convince her either...). Be as it may, it is a very cool place. The buildings are really new and big with exotic plants(in my eyes, of course, for the people here they are probably regular trees)  in between. This is the entrance:


I am pretty shure each coloured block is one of the buildings seen from above (double check this before betting your life on it...). This is one of the first pictures I sent to my mother to prove that I was, indeed, working at the (existent) center Biopolis. 


 These huge dandelions can be found all over the place. At night some of them are illuminated. I have not seen a single one in the wild-life here, so I guess they are imported...


All the buildings are connected via glass bridges. This enables you to get to the other centers even during the rain-apocalypses (which is especially important at lunch time, since the food courts are spread over Biopolis and usually not on your building). But guess which building is the only one without such a connection. Exactly, Immunos. We are left out in a corner, so if it starts raining while we are eating we have to wait to get back (it's not like we ENJOY having 2 hour lunch breaks...!)


Here are a few of the plants (not the most buautiful though...). 
One of these days I'll show you the names of the buildings (they are all like 'Immunos', 'Proteos'... and written in huge letters on the buildings. Still everyone gets lost on their first day somehow...)
It's not exactly a bad place to work... :)

4 comments:

  1. die Blumen sind echt voll schön! irenoh will auch so welche! que en la habitacion aun caben, di que si!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marta, cuando vengas nos sentamos en la esquina del patio, como no se si te acuerdas, la ultima vez.
    Me gustaron todas las fotos.
    Ahora estamos dentro de casa y te mando un beso desde el salon.
    Tu abueliña Rita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Un lugar fantástico! A ese sitio tan estupendo le pueden llamar como quieran, incluso Biopolis! La verdad es que el nombre, como el símbolo colorido le dá un aspecto jugetón y vivo que es como teneis que ser los investigadores( sin perder la cabeza como los artistas...)Los dientes de león gigantes son preciosos.Realmente es un centro de trabajo estupendo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOGO LAND! I mean.. BIOPOLIS!
    haha loser..... they know you love rain

    ReplyDelete