Thursday, October 25, 2012

Blending in

I am in a bit of a hurry, because I am leaving to KL (that is what EVERYONE here calls Kuala Lumpur) in  like 10 minutes, so we'll do this quickly.  I told you about my trip to Little India but I had only shown pictures of the temple. Here are some impressions of the district:


The houses are very cute but sometimes a little bit overdecorated.


This is what all street signs look like... It's like being in fary-land!


This is a food court that caugh my attention because it was surrounded by this fence and it looked a little bit like a cage...


...especialy from inside (thank god for the colorful seats... xD)


There are many food stands around there but unfortunately we had already eaten so I can not tell you what the food tastes like (I'm not even sure I can tell you what the food was...)


So if you had not noticed by now the place was really crowded (this is due to the fact, that Sunday ist the only day most indian workers don't go to work so they all meet on the streets and eat) and pretty homogeneous. Except for one person of course, that was neither male, nor had black hair or dark skin (at least I was more or less their height...). Being the most obvious tourist on earth already I could take pictures as I wanted, becaus they probably would not expect any different anyway.


The streets were very beautifully decorated, because of some upcoming celebration I don't know the name of (it's such a delight to hear me talk when I am in a hurry!). Well I'm off to Malaysia, I might not post the next days depending of the existence of an internte connection, but after that I'll have great pictures (hopefully...). 


1 comment: