Monday, October 15, 2012

Singapore skyline at night

I have talked about Singapores sky-scrapers a few times now, but they are never as beautiful as they are at night. What sounds like an insult if said about any human being is a great compliment for these buildings that are already pretty impressive by daylight. Here are a few:


This is the Gotham-Building. I'm pretty sure it is not really called like that, but many people refer to it that way. And as soon as you hear it you see it (this was the case for me at least (Btw: Gotham is the city from Batman, just in case ay of you were wondering...)). It totally looks like taken out of the comic and I am almost certain you can see Batman standing on it if you just look close enough.


As you can see here, the reputation of the Hotel "Marina Bay" is completely unjustified. I don't know what people see in this building but I don't think it will last long, I mean look at it. And if it was not ugly enough by itself they had to build the museum of sience in front of it (that horrid building in the shape of a flower, that ruins the entire scenery!). Shame on you, Singapore!


And as you are standing watching that scenery you just need to turn your head about 90ยบ to the right and you see this (exactly, me). One of the reasons why I also wanted to be in thiese pictures was to remind you, that as I walk through Singapore at 10 pm I am really sweating in my top and hotpants (greetings to my fellow north-europeans at this point).

As we walked on, we saw a concert where they were playing some Beatle's songs. My friend said it was a cover band, but I am not so sure about that...
And to end this post a very deep and meaningful quote that is writte on one of the pilars of the auditory:


2 comments:

  1. You can't stop New York City - Singapore can :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. MARINA BAY!!! PLEASE TELL ME YOU'VE BEEN INSIDE ALREADY! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!
    I hate you right now... so much

    ReplyDelete