Friday, October 26, 2012

Look who I met

I have bad and good news. The bad news (always first!) is that I did not go to Malaysia in the end, because the busses were all either booked or very expensive and at the worst times. The reason for this is the muslim holiday called Hari Raya Haji  where they celebrate the end of the annual Haj (the pilgrimate to Mecca). Since Malaysia is a mainly muslim country apparently everyone wanted to go there from Singapore... My friend Isa went either way since she is continuing her journey from there. I am sure she is going to have the time of her life during the next month and wish her good luck from here! So that is the bad news. But thanks to karma I witnessed something pretty cool today. And the fact that I write this second post in a day proves that it must be quite awesome.  There is only one legitimate reason for posting twice. How about this:


A MONKEY!!! I have met A MONKEY on the street! Like when you run into a pigeon or a lizzard, only it's a MONKEY! I can rest in peace now.

It was the weirdest situation, I was just walking home when I see people taking pictures of this lamppost. And I am like "Pfff they are so touristy with their phones taking pictures of street lamps, thank god I will never sink to THAT level". Five seconds later I was the worst of them all with my camera jumping around, after realizing they werer actually taking pictures of this:


Even though it was very funny doing things like these:


... I was also a little afraid he might do some weird very fast move. Especially after seeing him yawn (just type "monkey teeth" into google pictures and you will see what I am talking about). 


Here is a pitcure of the situation so you can see, that I did not just go to the zoo... (how can people just walk by???). It scares me a little bit, though, that the monkey was some 200 m awayof my residence. No more bananas lying around in the kitchen for the next six months!

3 comments: